[Opensim-dev] Asset and Grid Robust server just exits.

Mike Dickson mike.dickson at rivendellnh.com
Thu Nov 15 22:44:49 UTC 2018

No regions are crashing.  Everything else has run for days with no issues at
all.  The only thing that crashes is the processes running assets.  The main
reason I added an additional one was to be able to prove out being able to
scale Assets to more than one server. I'd eventually like to add a redundant
server to the mix.  So system memory is fine. Lots free and about 12gb in
system cache.  The system has never paged.

The only thing that dies is the asset servers (2 processes, the original one
with all the grid services in it and a second with just assets).  FWIW the
split Inventory code in that instance NEVER dies.  Its run fine since I
broke them out.  So same code/mono, etc.

And to be complete NEVER a crash file.  Mono doesn't crash. There is no
backtrace.  Systemd is indicating the process exited with an exit code of 1
and the PID file is still there.

Thanks for answering and offering some help.  If I can't identify another
cause I'll likely fall back to a single server and revisit this in a test
setup.

Mike