[Opensim-dev] Introduction of a sitemap style system for users and land

Michel Beauregard gimisa at yahoo.fr
Thu Jul 5 21:47:53 UTC 2018

Kevin metaversink is not grid specific.

I think correct me there if I am wrong please.

Datasnapshot is simulator driven.

If any sim  would be so kind as to  register there simulator  to me using the address provided in datasnapshot registration configuration of opensim.ini of my earlier post. They would be   pushing  to me  their datasnapshot information for their simulator so configured. My search result coverage would thefefor be extended to include their information irrespective of the grid they are part of .

If I dont make error in my understand of how this work in my setup,  this process is  simulator specific and not grid specific. So simulator owner ARE free to join whatever search facility ( none or many  )  they feel serve best their interest.

( please dont try that I dont have the necessary resource  to support this sort of service )

GiMiSa

 On 2018-07-04 04:21 PM, Michel Beauregard wrote:
> The following   email present was  is already existing via Diva and other contibutors.
>
>  search php  source code for access registered datasnapshot information:

That first part is typical of an addon search module (e.g. OpenSimSearch
module) that populates a database from information parsed from data created
by the DataSnapshot module. A third party could access the saved data using
an additional PHP script but that would still be grid specific.

> More detail about diva search can be found here: http://www.metaverseink.com/blog/news/metaverse-ink-search-for-opensims/ . Please note Metaverse search facility is broken since about begining of the year as it was before and  as it was never intended for full fledge support as opensim searching tool.

The MI search module from diva is more like what you want for a grid
agnostic search feature. The problem becomes one of deciding who will be the
host for all the aggregate data from the various grids.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                    | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>    |            --Chris Hardwick