[Opensim-dev] Game engines (Re: Opensim-dev Digest, Vol 53, Issue 5)

Tommy Anderberg Tommy.Anderberg at simplicial.net
Mon Dec 17 21:06:30 UTC 2018

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 13:49:40 +0000, Adam Frisby <adam at deepthink.com.au>
wrote:
 > Lumberyard requires you host any backend servers on Amazon AWS, FYI.

Ah yes, "your Lumberyard Project may not read data from or write data to
any Alternate Web Service"; clause 57.4 (b) under

https://aws.amazon.com/service-terms/

Curiously easy to miss...

 > There's another engine starting with 'X' (something like Xenon) which
 > was open sourced recently from a commercial studio which might be
worth looking into too.

Xenko, I guess: https://xenko.com/
Interesting history: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenko

Looks nice. C#, MIT license, VR ready, "experimental Linux support", and
there is an open issue about MacOS export:
https://github.com/xenko3d/xenko/issues/63

 > I wrote a script (it's in our editor pack) which removes the
duplicate > materials which speeds up rendering dramatically.

Thanks, I'll have to try that. :)