[Opensim-dev] llGetLanguage information for HG visitors.

Michel Beauregard gimisa at yahoo.fr
Sat Jan 30 12:45:13 UTC 2016

I have post about the language information accessible through script via the lsl llGetLanguage function earlier this year.
That function came to live because of the care and attention from cinderblock with the support of Diva as can be seen here:
 http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=7157 llGetLanguage

Unfortunately it does not provide the language information for visitor coming in  by hypergrid jumping. I have validate that in my grid stable 0.8.2.0 and in osgrid  OpenSim 0.9.0.0 Dev b34652e: 2016-01-26 . Using the same viewer with same preference. A local user will get correct language code as per his preference while using the same function a HG visitor will get en-us the default value.

I have dig further into the code. It uses  AgentPreferencesServerPostHandler.cs and  database access table agentPrefs.

My understanding is that when a user login  it triggers the  registers/ updates  of his viewer  preference through the AgentPreferencesServerPostHandler.cs . When the lsl language function request the language information it goes through the same function to get the language code and availability.  AgentPreferencesServerPostHandle is use to  access the agentPrefs table and fetch out the language information.

Naturaly agentPrefs are grid specific so that information store in it is local user specific only. Also its only accessible to local port in  grid login service . Would it be possible to get the data of this database made available via a xmlRPC call to the  home grid of the visitor in external port a bit like the profile information is.

Thanks for reading .
GiMiSa

Ref :