[Opensim-dev] Warning Safari (was Re: Current Status of OpenSim Git Master)

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Sat Nov 21 18:39:02 UTC 2015

Hi Tom,

OpenSim has been alpha code for as long as it exists. It will
continue to be alpha code for a good long time to come. This has to
do with liabilities and fitness for purpose claims. Those can't
stand against alpha code.

Therefore, unless you now have no further interest in helping,
please do go ahead.

I don't understand why you would be hesitant about commenting unused
variables after I and one other core member have already said it's
ok to do so. We're not "reverting" those patches, but rather
developers will simply have to uncomment not only the debug output
but also the variable that feed them. That is OK and unless there is
a major break in the code and we need everyone to collect logs with
the debug output in it, those will rarely be committed again.

- Melanie