[Opensim-dev] Current Status of OpenSim Git Master

Shy Robbiani shy.robbiani at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 17:52:29 UTC 2015

I never understood the zip file naming on viewgit and therefore prefere to
pull the sources directly with git from the repository at
git://opensimulator.org/git/opensim.

I name my zips as follows:
opensim-<version>-dev-<xxxxxxx>.zip
opensim-<version>-dev-<xxxxxxx>-source.zip

<version> is the 4 digit version number, <xxxxxxx> are the first 7
hex-characters from the commit ID.
Linux versions will be .tar.gz instead of .zip.

Example:
opensim-0.8.3.0-dev-36f7e96.zip or opensim-0.8.3.0-dev-36f7e96-source.zip
if I archive the sources.

This provides enough information and contains the same information I get
with the show version console command.

However, it is not always easy to figure out what the correct version is.
The current git tag is 0.9.0. There was a 0.8.3.0-dev before 0.8.2.0-rc1
was officially out etc. To me, sometimes confusing :)