[Opensim-dev] Still on Sim and Phys Frames per Second (FPS)

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Tue Nov 10 22:56:03 UTC 2015

Please refrain from spreading falsehoods about me. I have NEVER
advocated to touch the physics FPS field at all, not in the initial
discussion and not in this one!

I have advocated to ADD A NEW STAT in some way, so the numeric
display can be accurate while still allowing the lag meter to work.

Since then, after looking into the packet and it's data, I have
pointed to TWO feasible solutions to the problem.

Also, this is not even about Avination. Avination has never stopped
reporting 55 FPS because Avination is a commercial grid and we want
to give our users a positive experience, correctness of stats has
never been Avination's concern.

However, I spoke out in support of the change to correct values
because I was unaware that the viewer used that value for anything
other than display, else I would have spoken out against the change
from the start and presented my alternatives then.

If, however, your intent is just to attack me personally, then
please go to the end of the line. There is a long queue already.

- Melanie