[Opensim-dev] My new LSL compiler project

Eric e800 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 18:29:57 UTC 2015

If yall believe that reverse compatibility should be thrown out the door,
it makes everything much simpler.

I was under a preconceived notion for a bit that any sort of script
breakage might cause the compiler to be a no go.

Fortunately all changes I mentioned are easy to make and reverse due to
the, way the expression type evaluation and checking logic is segregated
out in the library.

At the moment I am tidying up some things and updating the build system,
mainly to remove the platform specific binaries from the installer and
binary releases;
Also I am working on a settings UI for the editor.

I've just removed the tiny change from the library that allows for the
compatibility options previously mentioned.

I have experienced a few problems as you mentioned with the default XEngine
compiler, I have put at least one script through it that caused a stack heap
and server crash in its current state.   It is this one:
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/BigNum,  however I have not investigated
why it happens yet.  It does not
happen when LibLSLCC is used for code generation.

I am pretty sure the crash happens in the default XEngine compiler itself
and not in the running code.

Examples of either type of problem (in running code, or especially compiler
related) would be helpful in testing LibLSLCC.