[Opensim-dev] Wholesale reformatting of files (UNCLASSIFIED)

Dahlia Trimble dahliatrimble at gmail.com
Thu May 28 19:58:32 UTC 2015

Adding formatting and other corrections which are unrelated to the
functionality of the patch increases the noise in the patch when deltas are
viewed in patch review and revision control tools. A few lines of
formatting change are probably acceptable as long as they are a lesser
portion of the patch, however if they are the majority it makes patch
review and future debugging much more difficult and increases the
likelihood that critical changes may be missed or obscured. Therefore
functionality and formatting should be separate patches.