[Opensim-dev] Harvesting code from forks of Opensim

Michael Emory Cerquoni nebadon2025 at gmail.com
Tue May 26 17:42:39 UTC 2015

Mike your comments are completely unfounded please refrain from that kind
of stuff here, it is not helpful and is simply your opinion and not based
at all in fact or reality, if you prefer Whitecore that is fine by all
means use it, but please do not use this mailing list to spread
misinformation or I will have you permanently removed from the list.

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 1:30 PM, Mike Chase <
mike.chase at alternatemetaverse.com> wrote:

>  Flyman, since you are a commiter on WhiteCore, why not point him there
> since its the continuation of the work Rev was doing.
>
> https://github.com/WhiteCoreSim/WhiteCore-Dev
>
> Honestly I prefer WhiteCore to vanilla OpenSim anyway.  OpenSim is slowly
> dieing (IMO) from neglect anyway.  And attempts to improve it seem to
> generate more argument than progress.
>
> Mike
>

> On 5/26/15 8:24 AM, Fly Man wrote:
>
>   Talun, why would you want to use the aaFunction from AuroraSim when
> it's no longer being developed ??
>
>  1) AuroraSim died when the main developer went missing
>
>  2) Most of the aaFunctions are based on parts that aren't in OpenSim for
> obvious reasons.
>
>  So, I would -1 for including any functions that are specific for a fork
> of OpenSim (which was branched of an older version of OpenSim)

>>  Hi all, is it acceptable to take code from forks of  OpenSim?
>>
>>  My specific desire is to take some of the lsl functions code from
>> Aurora-Sim and make them compatible with and work in OpenSim
>>
>>  Regards Talun.

Michael Emory Cerquoni