[Opensim-dev] Server and connection Specs for a new grid.

steve l salbiedermann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 18:38:04 UTC 2015

Hi everyone!

I have a friend who is wanting to build a new OpenSim grid for her
nonprofit to help Veterans. Here is what she wants to do:

Serve up 10 regions with 100 people on the grid total, but the availability
of 100 people all on one region at once.

Need to know what specs the server needs to be as far as CPU and RAM and
Hard drive.

I would love to know just what l need in an internet connection to reliably
serve that level of people.

Any insight on this would be welcome as a starting point for me.

I am thinking of building a server and either co-locating it or getting a
line from the greedy internet company!

Many, many thanks!

Steve LaVigne
adimensionbeyond.com