[Opensim-dev] Sim and Phys Frames per Second (FPS) Issues

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Mon Mar 2 21:31:07 UTC 2015

BTW, I don't know why the stats reporter multiplies by a factor, maybe
to stay backwards compatible with some perception that people expected?
Simulation FPS is supposed to be constant. In the case of OpenSim, the
user experience doesn't change if we increase this rate beyond 11/sec.
If it goes below that, however, then that's a sign that the simulation
is stressed.

I refer anyone interested in this to documentation about simulations in
general. Here's a good tutorial that I point students to in one of my
courses:
http://buildnewgames.com/real-time-multiplayer/
Scroll down to the part about "game loops"