[Opensim-dev] hypergrid friends issue

gimisa gimisa at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 9 20:59:14 UTC 2015

I have done a number of test on frienship this week to investigate the situstion on my install.

I did not reproduce the repeated frendship behavior discussed in this tread .Still the following result might be of interest to the discussion:

failure of friendship status (on line) reporting when dealing with standalone 0.8.0.3 and robust 0.8.0.2

Detail of setup:

in order to avoid modem problem all installation done within  Lan only .

grid R1 hypergrid  robust 0.8.0.2

Hypergrid Standalone S1 and S2 0.8.0.3

AS1 avatar friend AS2 and AR1 avatar in respective grid.

AS1 confirm friendship request on return to S1 grid regardless if AS1 is the friendship initiator.

That confirmation happen only once for each pair AS1vs AR1, AS1 vs AS2.

Validation is done in friend.db in mysql for R1 grid and for SQligth for S1 and S2 grid. It shows 2 cross entry for each friend in each grid and confirm flag set properly.

It was also observe at the console level when avatar were loggin  that no error occured in notification.
That is a notification was sent from S1 region sim to S2 and R1 grid when AS1 was loggin in. And conversly for AS2 or AR1.

Due to lack of this process knowledge
 and no further difference in behavior between Standalone and Robust I cound not find a clue of why the AR1 AS1 pair did not get proper online notification while the AS1 AS2 pair did irrespective of whom log first. That is  without any movment attemp made with the other 2 avatar as to elude that out,

The situation did Not consistently correct itself if AS1 move in R1 grid or if AR1 move in S1 grid

Additionnal note:
friendship notice work  between my grid (3d.gimisa.ca:9000 robust) and some grid and not  with other.

Puzzling!.
Dont hesitate to contact me if I can help  solving this riddle

GiMiSa