[Opensim-dev] Package manager

Mic Bowman cmickeyb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 16:01:07 UTC 2015

Updating the Dispatcher and RemoteControl modules to match this uncovered a
couple issues... First, do we have naming conventions for files? Collisions
are quite possible (e.g. "README" and "LICENSES"). At this point, the
example dumps all package files into the bin directory. Its easy enough to
put things into package directories... just might be good to ensure thats
part of the conventions. Second, is there a way to identify previously
installed dependencies? E.g. I have a third party module for parsing JSON
that might be installed by other modules.

--mic