[Opensim-dev] Design Review (UNCLASSIFIED)

Maxwell, Douglas CIV USARMY ARL (US) douglas.maxwell3.civ at mail.mil
Mon Aug 10 16:43:22 UTC 2015

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Thanks for the quick reply, Christa.  We currently have 8 developers on the
MOSES team dedicated to this effort.  I've set an aggressive schedule and
dedicated finite resources.  The purpose is to have the MOSES grid modified
in such a way that can support experimentation and deployment schedules.
With respect to experimentation, we plan to meet certain publication
deadlines for the spring/summer conferences and need the PhysX module in
place by the end of Sept. to support data collection in the Fall.  We have
also made a commitment to our colleagues at NVidia to support a speaking
engagement in late Nov, which means we need preliminary data ASAP.

With respect to the deployment schedules, I would like to have stable MOSES
prototypes available for our human performance evaluation work by January.

Thus far the IRC route has had moderate success.  Recently we had an issue
where guidance from one developer conflicted with guidance from another,
resulting in us needing to re-code part of a patch.  Our schedule cannot
tolerate too many of these issues.

I've made it clear to the MOSES team that they are to consult with the OS
devs and make every effort possible to ensure the code we submit will be
accepted.  Currently the acceptance process is quite subjective and we are
struggling to figure out how to provide meaningful contributions.

Lastly, I've asked the members of the MOSES team to introduce themselves to
this list so that you'll know who you are dealing with on the IRC and in the
grids.

v/r -doug

Dr. Douglas Maxwell
Science and Technology Manager
Virtual World Strategic Applications
U.S. Army Research Lab
Simulation & Training Technology Center (STTC)
(c) (407) 242-0209