[Opensim-dev] Odd HG issue....

Aine Caoimhe aine.caoimhe at rogers.com
Thu Apr 30 11:46:46 UTC 2015

This issue is happening to many people from many different grids and has
been reported in Mantis
(http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=7514). I've also brought it
up at several recent dev meetings.

Just in did locate and fix an issue with XML in .NET about 6 weeks ago
that *partially* resolved an issue with scripted objects being
transferred between grids but the issue still persists.

The only reliable way to bring something back to your own grid is to
wear it in the source grid, then TP home while still wearing it, then
remove it. After this it will work fine.

The issue most definitely exists and it's not a grid configuration
issue. The only thing that seems like it might be a contributing factor
-- although it won't reliably give reproducible fails -- is when the
object XML is being created on a region running .NET and is later
transfered to the other grid and unpacked on a region running mono or
visa versa. If you unpack it in a region running the same operating
system it's often (but not always) fine.