[Opensim-dev] Basic HTTP authentication

Ovi Chris Rouly maelzel at ieee.org
Sat May 24 13:25:55 UTC 2014

Hi Crista,

I use the HTTP protocol when my agents "breed" (instantiate/create) entirely new agent users during runtime.  As you say, the code base hasn't changed in some time.  So, this feature of my individual-based model has been stable and predictable for some time.

As you may recall from previous conversations, I use the hypergrid configuration in a standalone form on a single machine (AKA serverless grid) with 16 simultaneous instances.

Do you anticipate that the changes you're making will impact legacy users like me and that I may loose the ability to create new users via the HTTP interface?

Best regards,

Chris

Ovi Chris Rouly
George Mason University