[Opensim-dev] Checks added for varregion overlap on region registration

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 21 23:01:53 UTC 2014

OpenSimulator does de-register regions on clean shutdown by default.  However, it is possible to stop this by setting
[Grid Service] DeleteonUnregister = false on the service or by flagging the region as persistent (I don't know if this
is possible currently except by setting RegionFlags.Persistent directly in the DB).

On 20/07/14 18:47, Mister Blue wrote:
> I just checked in code for GridService that checks for variable sized region (varregion) overlap when regions are
> registered. This checks if an existing varregion overlaps a region being registered and if the region being registered
> overlaps any existing regions.
>
> One problem (besides possible bugs) is that, since OpenSim doesn't de-register regions, it is possible that there are
> old region entries that overlap. In this case, the simulator will not start up because the initial region
> setup/registration fails. For this case, while one goes back and cleans up the region database, the parameter:
> [GridService]
>     SuppressVarregionOverlapCheckOnRegistration=true
>
> can be set. There will still be warnings output in the simulator log file (OpenSim.log) that you can use to find the
> offending region entries, but the simulator will boot up as before.
>
> If you find problems with this code, report it on http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=7273 .
>
> -- mb

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting