[Opensim-dev] Updating mega-regions

Mister Blue misterblue at misterblue.com
Mon Feb 17 05:26:46 UTC 2014

Adding the varregion feature to OpenSimulator caused me to bump into the
mega-region code. The most recent commits to OpenSimulator are a rewrite of
some of that code to make it easier to understand and eliminate some
complexities (like creation and testing of complex border classes).

There have been some Mantis entries saying how mega-regions were broken but
now that should be better. This is, previous mega-region configurations
should now properly test for border crossings within the mega-region.

One side effect of the changes is to allow combining varregions into
mega-regions. Although not completely tested (I figure there are some
problems with maps and TPing with maps), you can mega-region'ize adjacent,
same-sized large regions. Not for the faint-of-heart, but a configuration
possibility.

I have been working on several Mantis entries for varregion and
mega-regions and getting those problems resolved. If you find something
that doesn't work, Mantis away.

-- mb