[Opensim-dev] Mono 4.0 coming changes

Michael Emory Cerquoni nebadon2025 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 05:08:57 UTC 2014

I just wanted to give a very early heads up about upcoming mono changes
that have already occurred in the github version of mono master, they have
removed the .net 4.0 profile and OpenSimulator is no longer able to be
compiled against master mono and of course this will effect the next
release of mono 4.x.  I do not really know how we proceed at this point, I
am sure it is to early to make any kind of logical decision but the fact
remains that .net 4.0 profile is going away and we need to at some point be
able to accommodate this if we are to support the latest mono fixes and
performance enhancements that will be coming down the pipeline as a result
of Microsoft open sourcing .net core for use in Mono. Ideas and thoughts
are welcome!

--
Michael Emory Cerquoni