[Opensim-dev] thinking about a viewer

Mister Blue misterblue at misterblue.com
Sat Aug 16 03:14:14 UTC 2014

I'm interested in the 'renderer' as separate from the 'viewer' (made up of
renderer and components) and the architecture of the virtual world
infrastructure.

I like the move into the browser (all JavaScript and WebGL) to make a
viewer that is independent of any libraries or OS. But that said, there is
a lot to do with the infrastructure that is behind the virtual world.
 Ideally, any infrastructure should work with both virtual worlds and
augmented reality applications. So it should be about place and view and
interest.

Unity3D is a tech (and as a business they are interested in lockin) but, in
general, we should defined protocols between the viewer and the world
whether the world is SL or OS or whatever.

So, next steps, what forum should we have the architectural discussion?

-- mb