[Opensim-dev] Negative z values

Mister Blue misterblue at misterblue.com
Sun Apr 27 17:13:34 UTC 2014

When I built BulletSim, I build for positive only altitudes because I
thought that was the rule. The only implementation reason I see for not
allowing negative terrain altitudes would be finding all the random places
where code makes sign assumptions.

If negative altitudes are needed, it would not be too hard to make it
happen. I can see the geographically oriented people wanting zero to be sea
level and allowing land to be above and below that.

-- mb