[Opensim-dev] Negative z values

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Fri Apr 25 00:23:01 UTC 2014

There are potential issues with code/tools written with the notion
that the metaverse indeed ends at 0, but I believe they can be overcome.
In this vein, there is another "feature" we may want to push for:

Raw files allow specifying a water height for each 4x4 m square, but
currently regions only have a notion of water level for the entire
region, taken from the 0,0 coordinate of the water level layer in
the raw file.

I believe full support for a water height map (including Z < 0
depths) would be an advantage of opensim over SL, as SL currently
struggles with basements, subway tunnels and mountain lakes.

- Melanie