No subject

Sat Apr 19 02:14:48 UTC 2014

ting, physics) until we reach the inter-connectedness of users, avatars, wo=
rlds and content that we call the 'metaverse'.
Best regards,Stefan AnderssonTribal Media AB Join the 3d web revolution : h=
ttp://tribalnet.se/=20

sim-dev at lists.berlios.de> Subject: Re: [Opensim-dev] Proposal to subdivide =
the assets table> > Hi,> > Dr Scofield wrote:> > Stefan Andersson wrote:> >=
> a) Provided the scenario allows pushing local prims across boundaries.> >=
> b) The Prim can have a 'home asset server' which is the first region.> > =
exactly.> > That is where the problem starts with home hosted regions. Home=
 DSL > is not suitable for asset serving. With hosted systems, it would be =
> absolutely beautiful, truly spreading the load, but that darn home > DSL =
makes it a pain.> > Also, that would lead to issues if that server goes dow=
n. So, if > that were to be adopted, it would have to be combined with > pe=
rsistent caching, so the resources needed are present on the > server curre=
ntly hosting the object, as well as on the creation server.> > We should tr=
y to avoid allowing grey prims by design. I agree they > will happen eventu=
ally, but i believe they should not be a design > feature, we should do our=
 utmost to prevent them.> > Melanie> Melanie> > ___________________________=

--_0105e7e1-9539-40b5-beea-f51b03be7437_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
reement. When I say 'base case' I don't mean 'the only thing the core shoul=
d do', merely that I think of the application scenarios as being in differe=
nt 'rings' where each ring contains various constellations of services.<BR>=
<BR>
We have gone in on something akin to the SL 'ring', and slowly, we are work=
ing our ways outwards to something like a 'metaverse', but the metavarse wo=
n't consist of one homogenous architecture.<BR>
 <BR>
Again, look at the web. The loose coupling that gives us 404's is also the =
loose coupling that give us mash-ups.<BR>
 <BR>
The base scenario for me, something I think would be very useful from a bus=
iness perspective, is the standalone prim serving content to anonymous avat=
ars. It's like a campaign web page.<BR>
 <BR>