No subject

Sat Apr 19 02:14:48 UTC 2014

each root folder whose parentFolderId is zeroes) and determining if any
inventoryitems are pointing at any of those subfolders (Clothes, Objects,
Trash, Scripts, Clothes, etc.).

That would allow an identification of the scope of  the problem by a grid
manager. From there a query to delete any that are empty, with what ever
logical qualifiers might be useful.

In any case, perhaps I have or have not diagnosed the problem correctly,
and any suggestions are appreciated.

Charles_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
Opensim-dev at lists.berlios.de

--=_alternative 003FD97485257432_=

consequences of having multiple inventory roots, but to resolve the issue
we need to properly understand the whys and wherefores of multiple roots.
Why do avatars have multiple roots? what are the functional differentiators?
I.e. why does it matter that we stop at the first? I was recently looking
through the new inventory/capabilities code and had had the same thoughts
as you expressed. It seems to me that there can be only one (apologies
to the Highlander) root directory. Given the information that is in it,
there is no reson for this directory to exist outside of an extant presence,
and all of the other hierarchies should exist as (apparent) subordinates
to this directory. This then raises questions of convenience as a result
of having something that is an unnecessary empty layer for the majority
of inventories where only one hierarchy exists; there are a number of ways
to address that such as collapsing any monotonous hierarchies. I assume
the overwhelmingly most important goal is that at the end of the day the
inventory is complete, predictable, and unambiguous.</font>
Best regards<br>
Alan<br>
-------------------<br>
T.J. Watson Research Center, Hawthorne, NY<br>
1-914-784-7286<br>
alan_webb at us.ibm.com</font>
inventory folders</font></table>
have multiple root inventory folders on OSGrid, and I suspect on other
grids as well. One of the implications is that this obscures the inventory
as our search stops at the first root inventory folder it finds, that is
the first one whose parentFolderId == zeroes.<br>
Having a query to identify and then remove completely empty root inventory
folders might help make this situation better, but it involves a fairly
complex mysql query that is currently beyond my abilities. I am hoping
someone could help out a little here with a query that can be used to identify
multiple root inventory folders in a grids mysql database and a query to
would allow them to be deleted, perhaps one by one, that would be fine.<br>
This query involves finding all those avatars with inventoryfolders entries
where more then one parentFolderID is zeroes.<br>