No subject

Sat Apr 19 01:31:08 UTC 2014

packets (and possibly some others=2C like IM?) where the viewer can only ac=
cept IP. That is why it is implicitly resolved in some places. (Or rather=
=2C that's the rationale for why those places need it) The remoting issue=
=2C I don't know what that actually means=2C but remoting should be resolve=
d thru hostname as well. It pains me to admit that I'm probably the source =
of all this confusion=2C as I=2C way back then=2C did the DNS resolve as a =
quick fix to fix some networking issues - but at that time I was not aware =
of the DnsEndPoint class. So=2C really=2C the endpoint info should be store=
d in _DnsEndPoint_ not _IPEndpoint_ all thru core. and Unless anybody knows=
 of a reason not to=2C I suggest moving any IP resolving into the LL client=
 stack=2C as close to the actual needed conversion as possible=2C and let c=
ore use hostnames=2C via DnsEndPoint=2C all over.Best regards=2CStefan Ande=
rssonTribal Media AB Join the 3d web revolution : http://tribalnet.se/=20

Date: Thu=2C 11 Dec 2008 17:38:04 -0800From: lopes at ics.uci.eduTo: opensim-d=
ev at lists.berlios.deSubject: Re: [Opensim-dev] external host nameThe thing i=
s that this can potentially create a RegionInfo data structure with        =
    nRegionInfo.ExternalHostName =3D regionData.IPADDR=3BThis is inconsiste=
nt with certain queries on the Grid server=2C like "give me all my neighbor=
s" which may send host names.So=2C back to the point: someone needs to deci=
de what is it that RegionInfo.ExternalHostName  is supposed to hold.Teravus=
 Ovares wrote:=20
RegionUpData is my fault=2C and spawned from compatibility issues with
.NET remoting and Mono remoting with complex types.  It is only used
to notify a neighbor region that 'this region is up'

Best Regards

Teravus