No subject

Sat Apr 19 01:31:08 UTC 2014

Charles

----- Original Message ----
From: krtaylor <krtaylor at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
To: opensim-dev at lists.berlios.de
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 1:41:10 PM
Subject: [Opensim-dev] LSL test suite ideas

I have been putting together a few ideas on how to include more tests
for LSL. I am thinking of putting together a set of scripts that would
systematically test all the script functionality that is currently
implemented. I would start slow with a few functions and grow over time,
hopefully with others contributions as well. I was thinking I would
divide the functionality up into logical groups so that it wouldn't be
too huge and would allow a developer to beat on a specific area if desired.

I know we have used the Kan-Ed scripts in the past but as far as I can
tell, the Kan-Ed scripts are no more - the Kansas Board of Regents
closed down the URL for some reason. We could probably piece together
most of it, but that is not really what I had in mind. The Kan-Ed
scripts were good for showing a large set worked in world, but I am
thinking more systematic coverage and reporting. The Kan-Ed scripts
still required interpretation by someone in world as to whether they
were working properly or not.

I have had some irc discussions and I think the best approach for now is
to have a set of scripts that are checked in and exist in inventory that
can be run in world and would report the success or failure of the
functions tested. Maybe this report could be pushed out to a webpage for
on-line status of the current state of the LSL. This would be a
supplemental  help to me as I  have been manually testing and updating
the function list and status for several months now.  Additionally, it
would be nice for putting a load on the script engine for scalability
and performance testing. There are a few helper os functions that may
need to be implemented, but the core of what would be tested would be
done via LSL.

Comments?

--
Kurt R Taylor (Kurt Stringer)