[Opensim-dev] How to properly enable JsonStore

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 21 22:27:58 UTC 2013

As you're running on Windows, OpenSimulator 0.7.6 is constrained to using the classes/methods found in the .NET 3.5
profile.  This means that practically all the Json script functions won't work yet.  I would assume that's the reason,
though maybe there is some other issue too as the error message isn't the one Mic normally expects to see in this
situation.  Mono doesn't constrain available classes/methods int he same way.

It just so happens that I have everything ready to update OpenSimulator .NET usage to 4.0 on git master dev code, as
discussed in this list earlier this year (I'm waiting for Mono to be updated on opensimulator.org so that jenkins will
continue to work).  However, this won't help much if you're sticking to the 0.7.6 release package.

On 21/10/13 19:25, fernando balmaceda wrote:
> Hi Mic,
>
> I just added a entry on mantis, with the description.
>
> Thanks!

> Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 10:56:23 -0700
> From: cmickeyb at gmail.com
> To: opensim-dev at lists.berlios.de
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-dev] How to properly enable JsonStore
>
> Could you open a mantis entry & add the compile error?
>
> --mic
>

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 8:21 AM, phantom <phantom2024 at hotmail.com <mailto:phantom2024 at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi!
>     Im doing some tests on opensim 0.7.6, running under windows 7 64 bits, with
>     the OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe. I want to use JsonStore functions on my
>     scripts, like JsonGetValue, or JsonGetJson. I read how to enable json store
>     in this site: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/JsonStore_Module.
>     But i am only able to get working JsonCreateStore and JsonDestroyStore. When
>     i try to use JsonGetValue or JsonGetJson i get the following compile error:
>     The name 'JsonGetValue' does not exist in the current context.
>     The same goes for JsonGetJson.
>
>     The test script is:
>
>     key storeID;
>     default
>     {
>          touch_start(integer n)
>          {
>              storeID = JsonCreateStore("{ 'foo' : { 'bar' : 'one' } }");
>              llOwnerSay(JsonGetValue(storeID, "foo.bar"));
>              JsonDestroyStore(storeID);
>          }
>     }
>
>     I appreciate any help. Thanks!