[Opensim-dev] Needing Mono.Security.dll on Windows at PostgreSQL module

Teravus Ovares teravus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 03:27:22 UTC 2013

 While I don't have an issue with this after thinking about it.   It
seemed to me that making this call of distributing the mono dll would
require more then just my opinion ;).      My understanding is it's
LGPL, which is fine and the license isn't the issue.   It's more about
a couple of other questions that I have..

What can we expect when dealing with upgrading mono as a result of
this?  (we've typically had mysterious issues when dealing with
Mono.Addins, does Mono.Security have that potential also?)
Since Mono.Security includes cryptographic functions, what sort of
export rules do we have to adhere to?
What sort of platform issues might arise from including this?
(Fernando looks like he did a good job of separating it from Mono on
*nix installations so maybe none...   and, some other devs probably
know better then I do on the full range of effects )

I could be completely over-thinking this, and as it stands now, the
Postgres database connector doesn't work in Windows without it..    so
please comment, I'd like input :).

Best Regards

Teravus