[Opensim-dev] Current state of region border crossing support for vehicles

Shaun T. Erickson ste at smxy.org
Fri Oct 11 18:15:23 UTC 2013

On 10/11/13 11:20 AM, Shy Robbiani wrote:
> Hello, I'm highly interested in region border crossing support for
> vehicles (actually vehicle types airplane, balloon and boat). As such
> I already explored Opensim 12 - 18 months ago. There was a lot of
> rumor about BulletSim and upcoming work that will be done in the
> direction of my interests, so I decided to wait.
> Now, one year later, I'm happy to see big improvements with BulletSim
> but I still cant see any improvements in region border crossing. I
> read a side note in the dev meeting minutes of 2013/08/20 where
> Nebadon mentioned that Melanie is itching to get vehicle border
> crossing in before someone else attempts it. However, I cant find any
> further information nor anything else related in the Mantis.
Melanie's work was, I believe, held back from Core OpenSim, while work
needed for OSCC and the 0.7.6 release was being done. She said, on Oct.
6th, in IRC, that she'd been given a "green light" to start adding it.
She commented that she needed to make time in her schedule, for the
merging, which would probably start soon, and that the first things that
would be merged were the entity transfer module and scene presence
changes, as they are the base for the region crossing code.

So, be patient just a little longer, as it looks like the long wait is
about to be over. :)

-ste (smxy)