[Opensim-dev] Problems With Teleports in 7.5

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Thu May 9 22:23:26 UTC 2013

I suggest trying the setting

async_call_method = UnsafeQueueUserWorkItem

in [Startup] if you are running mono 2.10 or later.  This setting uses the built in thread pool for non-script temporary
threads rather than the SmartThreadPool (STP) package that OpenSimulator included in 0.7.5 post-fixes.  There appears to
be an association between STP and this issue.  See Mantis 6557 [1] for more details, which sounds like the same issue.

It appears that the built-in threadpool worked badly on mono 2.4 and before, which was one of the reasons for STP.
However, I believe this was resolved in mono 2.10 (though more data is very welcome).  I have also updated the version
of STP used in current OpenSimulator dev code which may or may not help - awaiting results on this.

[1] http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6557

On 15/04/13 17:31, David Saunders wrote:
> Hey
>
>     I ran into a problem I having trouble tracing down to something to fix...
>
>   using OpenSim 0.7.5 Post_Fixes:
>
>           My problem is Avatars try to TP into a region and the region thinks they have arived but they never get
> teleported. Then it removes the agent, including loging them out. And they are hanging in the sim before the teleport
> and shown offline.
>
>       This happens after a set of time, and then all avatars trying to TP into the sim are handle this way. The sim
> needs to be restarted for this to be resolved.
>
>      The Avatar who has failed teleport will receive the alerts from the target sim. receive local chat from the the sim
> there in.
>
>    On reset the Avatar is booted from the grid.
>

>   I have installed this same code on about 13  different sims and not seen this happening with any of them.  These are
> are sims that been updated from 7.2 with new cache directories and asset directory so its unlikely a cross contamination
> of dlls.
>

> David

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting