[Opensim-dev] Sensors and At_Target

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 11 22:41:09 UTC 2013

On 08/07/13 07:55, R.Gunther wrote:
> Are sensors and Sensors and At_Target running in its own thread now ?
> It works fine when you move 1 train. But as soon  i add another train things stop
> moveing after a while. possible because the sensor or traget dont get trigger at the right time.
> Still not coimpleet sure whats all blocking events. but i think one of them is teleporting avatars and possible slow
> requests.
>
> Thats why i like to know if Sensors and At_Target are running on own thread now. (0.7.6dev)

Well, they've been running on their own thread for years (AsyncLSLCmdHandlerThread) so this will not be making any
difference.  The internals of sensors and at_target are quite complicated.  I couldn't comment further at this time as I
haven't explored script behaviour in these situations.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting