[Opensim-dev] Cannot select a prim from below waterlevel or move cam when the prim is above water level.

R.Gunther rigun at rigutech.nl
Fri Jan 11 15:17:02 UTC 2013

Hmm let me try to explain it. for a long time i cannot select a prim if
my camera is below SL water and the prim is above SL water level.
And many times thats the position to select the prim to delete a double
or moe one out of the problem aea.
Blamed all the time the viewer. But Zen is haveing the same problem and
zen works fine in SL but fail to use that function correct in osgrid or
opensim standalone.
This (annyoing) problem is bugging me for a very long time. But now its
clear that it seems to be a bug or missing function in opensim.

simple test

- Rezz 1 prim.
- Aim the mousepointer on the prim and cam with ctrl+alt+mouse down
under water
- Release all keys
- Try to select the prim you see above the water level.

Error. It fails, you cannot select any prim anymore, oly escape brings
you back. :(
Or you need to zoom sofar in that your camera is going to be above water
level again.

Same problem with right click to open the pie menu, it fails. SO you
cannot select edit.