[Opensim-dev] OpenSimulator branched in preparation for 0.7.5.RC1 (release candidate 1)

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 2 19:44:20 UTC 2013

This depends on the level of changes needed.  If llSetKeyFramedMotion() is a self-contained implementation then possibly
it could be in 0.7.5.  But if it requires other significant changes, which I believe is the case, then it will have to
wait for the next release.

Melanie, when do you think that you will get time to extract this code?

On 02/01/13 18:46, GarminKawaguichi wrote:
> In late december, Melanie wrote:
> "llSetKeyfranedMotion can most likely not be implemented that way. We
> know,*because we have implemented it*. Also, there is no need to
> reinvent the wheel - llSetKeyframedMotion has been slated for core
> release for a while now, we just haven't found the dev time to
> extract it. So there is really no need for a second, competing
> implementation."
>
> If this llSetKeyframedMotionis now usable, it would be wise to add it to the 0.7.5 release candidate, because the module
> SignpostMarv gave us in the Mantis 6112 is far from satisfactory despite all efforts of SignpostMarv.
>
> MML
>
>   31/12/2012 22:05, Justin Clark-Casey:
>> Hi folks.  I have just created a new 0.7.5-post-fixes branch in preparation for the first 0.7.5 release candidate.
>> This will be produced later on this week.  I spoke about this on the IRC channel before xmas but forgot to announce it
>> here.  If this is a serious surprise then apologies.
>>
>> *Core developers, for experimental functionality (e.g. Bullet), please feel free to port changes from master if you
>> desire. * Otherwise, I would appreciate it if 0.7.5-post-fixes changes are restricted to fixes for serious regressions
>> or low-risk fixes (very unlikely to create new bugs).
>>
>> Depending on what happens in master, I may merge changes directly into 0.7.5-post-fixes for a time.

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting
http://justincc.org
http://twitter.com/justincc