[Opensim-dev] JsonStore questions - return values of JsonDestroyStore(), JsonRemoveValue() and behaviour of JsonReadNotecard()

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 8 02:45:17 UTC 2013

Hi Mic.  A couple of JsonStore related questions

* Both JsonDestroyStore() and JsonRemoveValue() return TRUE if the store/values they are removing do not exist.  This is
inconsistent with .NET methods such as ICollection.Remove() which return false if the value one tried to remove did not
exist.

This is a pretty minor case and perhaps it's not worth changing if you (or others) already have scripts which rely on
this behaviour.  What do you think?

* In my regression testing, I found some behaviour with JsonReadNotecard() that I did not expect surrounding loading to
multi-component paths where some or all of the tail components did not exist and loading to the invalid location ("/")
I put this information in Mantis 6535 [1] if you could comment.  It could just be me making mistakes late at night.

[1] http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6535

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting