[Opensim-dev] How does the viewer know the user's maturity rating

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Mon Feb 4 17:28:09 UTC 2013

Your version of OpenSim is too old. This is not a bug, but a new CAP
that as added in SL to disallow setting a viewer's content pref to
something higher than what the server knows to be true. Simulators
that don't implement that cap will not allow changing the value.

Avination donated the implementation of this cap weeks ago but we
don't know if it is in a formal release yet. However, OpenSim core
code in Git has it.

Melanie