[Opensim-dev] "Error requesting Preferences" when opening preference in viewer with 0.8dev robust grid

R.Gunther rigun at rigutech.nl
Mon Dec 16 00:01:12 UTC 2013

Ok. am a bit sstuck on nasty problem.
I run my own robust test grid, core profiles, groups etc. it works fine.
But as soon am opening in the viewer (singularity 1.8.4 in this case)
the preference menu the following error appears in the viewer

"Error requesting Preferences"

and on the robust console i see the following error

2013-12-16 00:55:32,635 DEBUG -
OpenSim.Framework.Servers.HttpServer.BaseHttpServer [BASE HTTP SERVER]:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0",
"id":<uuid>","method":"user_preferences_request","params":{"UserId":"<uuid>"}}

2013-12-16 00:55:32,667 DEBUG - OpenSim.Data.MySQL.UserProfilesData
[PROFILES_DATA]: Get preferences exception Value cannot be null.
2013-12-16 00:55:32,682 INFO  -
OpenSim.Server.Handlers.JsonRpcProfileHandlers [PROFILES]: User
preferences request error - Value cannot be null.

I dont see anything wrong in the config files, profiles , groups etc
seems to work all fine. Whats wrong ?
-Config error ?
-opensim bug ?
-Corrupted database ? (corruption with creation ?)
-Table not correct ?