[Opensim-dev] How to find a user's UUID on another grid?

Oren Hurvitz orenh at kitely.com
Fri Dec 6 07:53:26 UTC 2013

Is there a way to find a user's UUID on another grid, using their name? I'm
looking for a Hypergrid version of IUserAccountService.GetUserAccount():

    UserAccount GetUserAccount(string serverURL, UUID scopeID, string
FirstName, string LastName);

OSGrid has a web service that does this, called Name2key:
http://wiki.osgrid.org/index.php/Name2key.
But I couldn't find an official API, that would work on all Hypergrid grids.

Thanks,
Oren