[Opensim-dev] Command lines - use of hyphens and verb subject flipping

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 08:58:16 UTC 2013

I note several inconsistencies in the use of "-" in OpenSim.exe
command console command lines.  I always seem to get this wrong.  and

create region ["region name"] <region_file.ini> - Create a new region.

delete-region <name> - Delete a region from disk

remove-region <name> - Remove a region from this simulator

Can this have a tidy up ahead of any major release to help
people?  Perhaps the hyphen could even be optional where it makes
sense so both formats work?

And we have verb subject in most cases... and it is what one might
expect in general...

load iar
save iar

and yet we sometimes have the subject ahead of the verb as in

terrain load
terrain save

so its the opposite way round to what one might expect.