[Opensim-dev] Timeout on uploading large Collada Meshes

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 15 14:09:22 UTC 2013

Austin, that means that during the mesh upload either the viewer is sending no UDP packets or they're all being crowded
out by the upload.

A very short term 'fix' would be to increase the connection timeout using the AckTimeout setting in
[ClientStack.LindenUDP].  If the viewer is genuinely sending no UDP data during the upload then this is something that
needs to be considered separately (though I would find that rather surprising).

Robert, all cost calculations are done on the viewer - there is no code for this in OpenSim and no viewer numbers are
used by OpenSim (which would be dangerous anyway as one cannot trust the viewer).  The viewer would have to disable this
calc if it detects that it's working with OpenSim.

On 15/08/13 12:26, Robert Martin wrote:
> on a related note is there a way for the "cost" part to be disabled (i have seen it take like 7 minutes for the cost
> calc to timeout)?
> Also what is the recommended limits for 1 Avatar meshes 2 "static" meshes ?
>

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Ai Austin <ai.ai.austin at gmail.com <mailto:ai.ai.austin at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     When I try uploading some large meshes I am seeing timeouts every now and then.. but I can see no errors in the mesh
>     upload...
>
>     Is there a hard wired limit somewhere on the time and the mesh upload might be blocking any acknowledgements that
>     the viewer is ant to give to the server?
>
>     21:02:41 - [LLUDPSERVER]: Ack timeout, disconnecting root agent for Simona Stick in simonastick 1

> Robert L Martin

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting
http://justincc.org