[Opensim-dev] I need a small favor - add bulletsim log to OpenSim.exe.config

Adams, Robert robert.adams at intel.com
Thu Aug 1 17:47:15 UTC 2013

If you would like the regular "OpenSim.log" entries for BulletSim to go into a different file or to happen at a different log level, there are examples for that in the existing "bin/OpenSim.exe.config". Probably, an addition similar to:

	<logger name="OpenSim.Region.Physics.BulletSPlugin.dll">
		<level value="DEBUG"/>
	</logger>

You can also add an "<appender-ref>" to this "<logger>" section to have the log messages go into a different file. So, extend the example you gave with another "<logger>" section that specifies the BulletSim DLL as the 'name'.

BulletSim has its own VERY DETAILED logging that outputs all the gritty details of operation to separate log files. This logging is enabled from your INI file with:

	[BulletSim]
	PhysicsLoggingEnabled = True
	PhysicsLoggingDir = "."                  ; can be set to any directory
	VehicleLoggingEnabled = False    ; set to 'True' to also get messages on vehicle computations

To understand the output of the detail log files, you will need to refer to the sources.

-- ra