[Opensim-dev] Documentation for IClientNetworkServer

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 16 21:06:47 UTC 2013

This is very old code, some of which was originally present for load balancing experiments which have long been defunct
and the original coders unavailable.  Its purpose was also completely undocumented.  Therefore, I have removed
NetworkStop().

As for AddScene, you can assume it will only be called once.  There is a mechanism in OpenSimBase which looks like it
was intended as a bypass (presumably so that AddScene() could be called multiple times on a single
INetworkClientServer).  But I believe this was again present for the above load balancing experiments and is effectively
defunct.

I'm afraid no general documentation really exists for the client stack interfaces and mechanisms.  The best we can do is
try and fill in the blanks on request.

On 15/04/13 15:27, Sergiy Byelozyorov wrote:
> Also what's the difference between Stop and NetworkStop?
>

> Sergiy
>

> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 4:21 PM, Sergiy Byelozyorov <rryk.ua at gmail.com <mailto:rryk.ua at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I am implementing a new client network server class. Is there any documentation on IClientNetworkServer? In
>     particular I am interested whether AddScene may be called several times or not.
>
>     Sergiy

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting
http://justincc.org