[Opensim-dev] Question on where estate info for regions is kept

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Thu Sep 13 12:46:18 UTC 2012

OpenSim assumes the "OSGrid" scenario of a federated grid of
independent simulators. Therefore, central estate storage cannot be
provided.

However, if you run multiple simulators from the same platform, or
run a private grid, you can create estates spanning these servers.

Simply point the estate database to a database server that all your
regions can access. This will give you estates that span your
servers, or, in the event of a private grid, your entire grid,
without forcing federated grids to also store this data.

This is an advanced option and somewhat underdocumented.

Melanie