[Opensim-dev] Logs of 1 weaks Oktoberfest events in OSG

Michelle Argus argus at archimuh.de
Wed Oct 24 00:08:21 UTC 2012

Hi,

During the last weak we had a Oktoberfest event region with 1 event each
days. I have zipped all the logs and also added the basic xml settings
of the simulator to share with anyone interested. The logs show numerous
problems which we endusers have to deal with in our daily lives...

About the enviroment:
- Dedicated server in Europe, OpenSuse, mono 2.10.8
- Gridmode: OSGrid
- Simmulator: Current OSG version with some addon modules
- MySQL Database running on external server
- Region.ini and OpenSim.ini in xml-format retrieved via web
- 1 event region alone on the server, aprox 10k prims

On 2 days we had sim crashes, I guess the responsible agents didn't
return after the crashes ;) Some issues are viewer based, so viewer devs
should also have a peek into the logs...

Issues encountered:
- primentry issues on TP
- slow request
- droped agents
- vivox voice issues eventhough voice was deaktivated via estatesettings
- ghost avatars, agents could not logg in anymore
- map issues
- hypergrid visitor related issues
- groupchat isses with hypergridrelated queries

be creative... you might find whatever error your looking for ;)

I havn't studied all the logs yet, but sharing them may help anyway.

http://www.marentals.de/OpenSim_EventLogs_Oktoberfest.zip

Michelle Argus