[Opensim-dev] region crash "Bad call to mono_mutex_lock result 22"

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 2 22:15:04 UTC 2012

Unfortunately very hard to tell.  In theory, nothing that OpenSimulator does at the managed C# code level should be able
to crash the mono runtime.  In practice, OpenSimulator and Mono use various native code libraries (e.g. ODE for physics,
libcairo for Mono's GDI+ implementation) that can contain bugs that trigger problems under certain patterns of usage.
There can also be bugs in Mono itself that only manifest in very rare circumstances.

Generally, the way forward here is to narrow down the actions that trigger this problem as much as possible.  Please see
my other post for that discussion.

On 01/10/12 01:06, R.Gunther wrote:
> i run since a short time linux again. it runs fine with opensuse 12.2.
> But my mega train region is prett crash happy. the previous one i did have stacktrace from.
> But today i just could get this information.
>

> =============
> Region (root) # Bad call to mono_mutex_lock result 22
> * Assertion at mini-generic-sharing.c:1296, condition `ret == 0' not met
>
> Stacktrace:
>
> I run own compiled mono 2.10.9.
> Is this error becasue mono is bad, or is there something wrong with opensim ?
> Or do i maby run out of threads ?

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting
http://justincc.org