[Opensim-dev] Assets over HTTP rather than MySQL

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Mon May 14 18:05:05 UTC 2012

If you're talking about serving assets over HTTP (rather than UDP) from a MySQL store via the simulator then this is
already being done by viewers which support assets over HTTP.

If you're talking about service assets directly from the asset service (which in turn gets them from the mysql database)
rather than relaying them through the simulator, then I believe this is possible through current OpenSimulator but black
magic to set up - it's not something I have done.

If you're talking about storing assets in something other than a MySQL database then third party services such as SRAS
and SimianGrid store assets on the filesystem instead.

On 14/05/12 11:15, Per Mint wrote:
> Hello,
> I was wondering if anyone had plans to implement assets over HTTP which are currently stored in MySQL database. I heard
> that Kitely does use a similar feature now and I would be interrested in setting up a grid from the start using this
> kind of asset management.
> Thanks !
> PMint.

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)