[Opensim-dev] ProfileServerURL and OpenIDServerURL in Robust .ini.example files

James Hughes jamesh at bluewallgroup.com
Thu Jun 21 00:38:12 UTC 2012

Hi Todd,

The included one will work, or at least I have used it to auth to a site
before, but it doesn't really come into play with V3. I am working on
some web infrastructure to develop and test against. So far, here is
what it looks like: The V3 viewer needs to get a token during the login
response that can be sent back to your web server. The web server will
check the token and create a session which it sends a cookie back to the
viewer to allow r/w access to the webprofiles (and other apps). So,
OAuth 2.0, 2 legged authentication on the web side is probably what is
needed. We just have to tell Robust where things are nd pass them off to
the viewer. I will send updates, and possibly queries about these soon.

Thanks
BlueWall