[Opensim-dev] Opensim and hemispheric screen

Tom Willans tom.willans at bessacarr.com
Sat Jun 16 13:39:25 UTC 2012

I am carrying out a research project into emotion within virtual worlds and am potentially using opensim as the platform. I will however be using a hemispheric screen within my quasi-experiment which requires projection through a fisheye lens (or similar). This requires that the image from the display is suitably distorted. Before I start on further work does any one know of a viewer adapted to do this.  I appreciate that you folks will be more focused upon opensim rather than viewer technology.  I am assuming an additional shader will need to be added at the end of the pipeline.
The alternative technology uses the unity platform but I will require 2-3 avatars meeting together and am more familar with OpenSim/SL.

Apologies if this is a repost.

Thanks
Tom

Tom Willans  BSc(Hons)  MBCS  CITP
PhD Student
Serious Games Institute, Coventry University
United Kingdom

Managing Director Bessacarr Publications Ltd
Senior Research Representative:Engineering and Computing
+44 (0)121 288 0281
email: tom.willans at bessacarr.com
skype: tom.willans
Second Life and OSGrid: Tom Tiros