[Opensim-dev] Questions about Vehicle scripting calls

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Thu Jun 7 15:59:34 UTC 2012

On 12-06-07 03:09 AM, Mike Higgins wrote:
> Also at the recent OpenSim developers meeting, Andrew Hellershanks said
> (about llSetTImerEvent minimum time limits) "Not sure why you would want to
> use something other [less] than 1.0". I think the developers need to know
> that there are 1000's of scripters in SL DESPERATELY trying to find ANY WAY
> to make simple things like a fish move smoothly through the water at a
> constant velocity.

That is a misquote. The comment about using something other than 1.0 was
about the ScriptDelayFactor and not about wanting time delays less than 1
second. IIRC, if you ask for a delay of x seconds, you get a delay of
x*ScriptDelayFactor seconds. Changing the scale factor affects every script
in a grid and is probably not something you would want to do unless you are
testing, or else you will get complaints from users asking why the delays in
their script aren't giving them the delay they asked for.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.