[Opensim-dev] Questions about Vehicle scripting calls

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Wed Jun 6 16:24:48 UTC 2012

On 12-06-05 07:46 PM, Mike Higgins wrote:
> I am in the process of testing the OpenSim vehicle scripting calls and
> trying to find out what works and what can be worked around.
[snip]
> Instead of submitting 1000 line vehicle scripts that do not work, I am
> writing small 10-line scripts that demonstrate a particular problem.

> Issue 0006040 <http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6040> is
> particularly interesting because if my hypothesis is correct, the linear
>  motor direction is being actively projected onto the global XY plane. I
>  cannot get an airplane to glide up, or a balloon to rise using the
> linear motor.

I'm somewhat interested in vehicle scripting as some of the issues may be
related to other movement related issues I have when I try to make some
fireworks. It would also be good to have fixed so I could use my flying
sleigh at Christmas time. :-)

I have a fireworks script from SL. It seems to be almost working. The
problem I see is that when the main script tries to launch the firework
projectile, the vertical velocity requested in the llRezObject call is
ignored. The projectile moves slightly in the X and Y directions a small
amount (less than expected), then explodes. The lack of vertical motion
sounds similar to the problem mentioned above with vehicle scripts.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.